For Binary Bovine, I took a recording of a cow’s moo, converted it to a 95-page binary string of 1’s and 0’s, and plotted it on this life-size, fiberglass cow.
BLACK = 1 WHITE = 0
On the nose of the cow is a QR code linked to the audio clip of the cow below.
Mentions of yours truly in the press:
- Sanders, Katie, “The ‘cow’-ntdown is over : Cow Parade de-moo-nstrates Triangle culture while supporting N.C. Children’s hospital”, The Technician, August 19, 2012
- World’s largest public art event ready to stampede through Triangle, ABC11, August 19, 2012
- Vitiello, Chris, “Milk Money”, The Independent, Aug 15, 2012, p. 26.
- Bellamy, Cliff, “Raising money with ‘The People’s Cow’”, The Herald Sun, August 15, 2012
- ABC11 Coverage of Cow Parade, Heart of Carolina Perspectives, August 4, 2012
- Vitiello, Chris, “NC Artists Delve Deep into Code at Flanders Gallery“, The Independent, Mar 28, 2012
For more information about Cow Parade NC:
- Cow Parade NC website
- Cow Parade NC Facebook Page
- Process photos from the Golden Belt Barn
- Cow Parade worldwide website